Kicks for Kids

The 20% project is a project where we use 20% of our time to help the community. Jack, Brandon, and I are creating soccer games to help earn money for Children’s Hospital.

For this 20% project, I feel a little nervous. I feel nervous because I am afraid that this project will not work out the way that we have planned. I also feel frustrated that we might not be able to get it all completed on time and meet as a group outside of school, to figure out how to plan the event, find a soccer field, and make people want to come to the games. My last feeling about the project is that I am also very excited. I feel this way because we are doing something good for the community, and we will have a lot of fun playing soccer with our friends while we help the sick children.

Our major goals for November are meeting with our mentor about the details of the event, and locate where we will play our soccer games. We will call city parks and Griffin Elite to rent a soccer field for the day. Other goals include making an outline of our flyer,  and deciding how much to ask people to donate at the event. We also need to come up with a certain day of the week, so we can get together and work on these goals. We will then meet with our mentor to work out how to get this completed.

See my Visual Aide for more information.

2 thoughts on “Kicks for Kids