What’s for Lunch?

By Sam Eppley

By Samuel Eppley

By Samuel Eppley

What are the students of Gray Middle School eating for lunch? I have never really thought about this until yesterday. I love lunch, but not for the reason that you might think. Lunch is my favorite time of the day. I get to have a break from my classes and talk to all of my friends. Today I started to watch what everyone else was having and if they were buying their lunch or packing.

I don’t like to waste time in line, so I pack my lunch every day.  I normally pack a turkey, roast beef, ham, or salami sandwich. I add provolone cheese, sometimes lettuce and have it on a

baguette or some type of roll. I have a banana or an apple with chips, some type of a treat and a water to drink. My friends that pack also had lunch meat sandwiches but made theirs on white bread.

The kids that bought their lunch had spaghetti and breadsticks today, and they said they had chicken nuggets and mashed potatoes yesterday. If you would like to buy lunch, you can look to

See what will be served in the cafeteria, on the lunch menu. One thing the packers and the buyers would agree on is the special treat or dessert. We eat that first!

Writing this made me curious to see what is served at lunch in other countries. I also added a link that showed school lunches in other countries, which I thought you might find interesting.